GRE，全称Graduate Record Examination，中文称号为美国研究生退学测验，实用于除司法与贸易外的各专业。由美国教导测验效劳处(Educational Testing Service，简称ETS)主办，GRE是美国、加拿大年夜的大年夜学各类研究生院（除办理类学院，法学院）请求恳求者所必须具有的一个测验后果，也是传授对恳求者可否授予奖学金所依据的最主要的规范。 另有，Generic Routing Encapsulation（通用路由封装）也简称GRE。
1. A nation should require all its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college rather than allow schools in different parts of the nation to determine which academic courses to offer.
2. While some leaders in government， sports， industry， and other areas attribute their success to a well-developed sense of competition， a society can better prepare its young people for leadership by instilling in them a sense of cooperation.
3. In order to improve the quality of instruction at the college and university level， all faculty should be required to spend time working outside the academic world in professions relevant to the courses they teach.
4. Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study because acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.
5. Colleges and universities should offer more courses on popular music， film， advertising， and television because contemporary culture has much greater relevance for students than do arts and literature of the past.
6. It is primarily through formal education that a culture tries to perpetuate the ideas it favors and d...